Words that guide and inspire my dance...
Words, like nature, half reveal and half conceal the soul within.
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Words do two major things: They provide food for the mind and create light for understanding and awareness.
Jim Rohn
I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.
Rosalie de Castro
True silence is the rest of the mind;
it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body,
nourishment and refreshment.
William Penn
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
Ralph Waldo Emerson
The joy of life consists in the exercise of one’s energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die.
Aleister Crowley
Follow your bliss and the Universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.
Joseph Campbell
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
Albert Schweitzer
True happiness
consists not in the multitude of friends,
but in their worth and choice.
Ben Johnson
Happiness is the absence
of striving for happiness.
Chuang-Tzu
Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light.
Jean Giraudoux
Joy requires one to be awake,
Adjusting the heart's ambience to bright.
Nicholas Gordon
Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.
Rabindranath Tagore
You must enshrine in your hearts the spiritual urge towards light and love, wisdom and bliss!
Swami Sivananda
When you possess light within, you see it externally.
Anaïs Nin
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!"
C.S. Lewis
Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.
Rabindranath Tagore
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And in between the two my life flows.
Nisargadatta Maharaj
The human heart has hidden treasures,
In secret kept, in silence sealed;
The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures,
Whose charms were broken if revealed
Charlotte Brontë
Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living.
Anaïs Nin
Leave the world better than you found it, take no more than you need, try not to harm life or the environment, make amends if you do.
Paul Hawken
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
The Dalai Lama
for whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea
e.e. cummings
In solitude we give passionate attention to our lives, to our memories, to the details around us.
Virginia Woolf
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.
William Wordsworth
Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.
Denis Waitley
I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
Helen Keller
Luxury lies not in richness and ornateness but in the absence of vulgarity.
Coco Chanel
Colour is a power which directly influences the soul.
Wassily Kandinsky
though love be a day and life be nothing, it shall not stop kissing.
e.e. cummings
In our life there is a single colour, as on an artist's palette, which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the colour of love.
Marc Chagall
The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.
Frank Lloyd Wright
I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
Diane Ackerman
We shall not cease from exploration.
And the end of all our exploring,
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
The real voyage of discovery is not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.
Marcel Proust
I can't think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything.
Bill Bryson
Embrace the detours.
Kevin Charbonneau
Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Miriam Beard
There are two ways of spreading light:
to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
Edith Wharton
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Leo F. Buscaglia
Gratitude is one of the least articulate of the emotions, especially when it is deep.
Felix Frankfurter
To live in this world you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, to let it go.
Mary Oliver
Laughter and tears are meant to turn wheels of the same machinery of sensibility;
one is wind-power, and the other water-power; that is all
Oliver Wendell Holmes
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
William Shakespeare
When I stand before thee
at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.
Rabindranath Tagore
I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.
Collin Raye
We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams.
Author Unknown
There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good.
Edwin Denby
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance.
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
Lee Ann Womack
Those are the same stars, and that is the same moon, that look down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other.
Sojourner Truth
I must go down to the sea again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.
John Masefield
My soul is full of longing
For the secret of the sea,
And the heart of the great ocean
Sends a thrilling pulse through me.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting.
Kahlil Gibran
Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow delightful conditions, all heavenly environment; of these if you but remain true to them, your world will at last be built.
James Allen
When the act of reflection takes place in the mind, when we look at ourselves in the light of thought, we discover that our life is embosomed in beauty.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.
Corita Kent
There was a star danced, and under that was I born.
William Shakespeare
One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them.
Virginia Woolf
Each one of us puts in one little piece and then you get a beautiful great mosaic at the end.
Alice Paul
To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful.
Agnes De Mille
We ought to dance with rapture that we might be alive... and part of the living, incarnate cosmos.
D.H. Lawrence
Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.
Robert Henri
The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace.
Kate Chopin
Invictus
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
William Ernest Henley
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
Havelock Ellis
To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.
Soren Kierkegaard
Uncertainty will always be part of the taking charge process.
Harold S. Geneen
Destiny grants us our wishes, but in its own way, in order to give us something beyond our wishes.
Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Two things I value a lot, intimacy and the capacity for joy, didn't seem to be on anyone else's list. I felt like the stranger in a strange land, and decided I'd better not marry the natives.
Richard Bach
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.
John Muir
The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire.
Sharon Ralls Lemon
I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
John Burroughs
The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.
Maya Angelou
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...
It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival.
C. S. Lewis
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.
Jane Howard
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
Allan K. Chalmers
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.
Louisa May Alcott
If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all.
And so today I still have a dream.
Martin Luther King, Jr
I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death.
Robert Fulghum
Hope is the dream of a soul awake.
French Proverb
Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.
Václav Havel
The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself.
Alan Alda
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams
A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live.
Bertrand Russell
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
Epicurus
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C.S. Lewis
The heart has reasons that reason cannot know.
Blaise Pascal
Within you there is a stillness and sanctuary to which you can retreat at anytime and be yourself.
Hermann Hesse
The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't always simple.
Doris Janzen Longacre
Though we travel the world over
to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us
or we find it not.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
With a few flowers in my garden, half a dozen pictures and some books, I live without envy.
Lope de Vega
How I do love the earth. I feel it thrill under my feet. I feel somehow as if it were conscious of my love, as if something passed into my dancing blood from it.
James Russell Lowell
The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears or the sea.
Isak Dinesen (Baroness Karen Blixen)